Ad sense

Custom Search

The Gift of Height

Tall Girls,
If you have not noticed, your height is a gift.
Handle with care because if you do not than others will not either. Stand tall and embrace your gift.
Not everyone is given the opportunity!

SIH KT 6'3"

information@sistersinheight.com
http://www.sistersinheight.com/



Guestbook

Wednesday, December 10

Seasons Greetings!

Yup! I am still around.

This holiday season has been quite busy for me but not so busy where I could not find the time to check in and share a tall girl experience.

For the Thanksgiving holiday, I decided to visit another state. In leaving Virginia, I temporarily left my comfort zone as I knew it.

While visiting others far away from home, the confidence of a tall girl can really be tested. The stares come from different eyes and you are tasked with trying to fit in the new environment, along with trying to enjoy the time spent with others.

There is no place to run (like home). As I have gotten older, I have really began to notice the comfort I get in being able to go home, getting away from the stares and questions.

Nevertheless, during the holiday season, sometimes we have to step out of our comfort zone and enjoy the time spent with those we care the most about.

Happy (remaining) Holidays!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seasons greetings to you!

I have been watching this blog closely and noticed that you are not giving up on your effort to reach out. This is admirable!

Kalyn said...

woohoo! Another tall girl blog. It is great to see. I am also a tall girl who has started a blog
www.thetallblog.blogspot.com

I like how yours is very focused on discussions. I will be joining in!

Anonymous said...

You are right KT. If you are not comfortable as of yet at home then imagine leaving home and trying to feel comfortable. This is why I dont travel far for the holiday. I can always go back to my own space if I get too overwhelmed.